Defining Security Roles
There are 13 out-of-the-box security roles in Atheer Studio that can be assigned to users:
NOTE: By default, when users are created on the system, they only have the “User” security role. All other security roles must be manually added to the accounts after they are created.
- AiRForm Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, delete, and assign AiRForms. These privileges extend to all AiRForms irrespective of the author.
- AiRSession Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, and delete AiRSessions. These privileges extend to all AiRSessions irrespective of the author.
- Content Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, delete, and assign Content. These privileges extend to all content irrespective of the author.
- Insight Admin: This role has the ability to access system insights, dashboards, and reports.
- Job Admin: This role has the permission “Assign to anyone” and enables the assignment of Jobs to any active user in the Workspace-irrespective of the team membership. The “Assign to anyone” permission comes pre-bundled in this out-of-box role called “Job Admin”; however, it can also be added to any custom roles as required.
- Job Manager: This role has the ability to create, read, update, delete, assign, and close jobs. These privileges extend to all jobs irrespective of the author.
- Job Technician: This role has the ability to self-assign, perform, and complete jobs.
- SmartFLow Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, delete, and execute SmartFlows. These privileges extend to all SmartFlows irrespective of the author.
- SmartScan Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, and delete SmartScans. These privileges extend to all SmartScans irrespective of the author.
- Super User: This role has full and complete privileges to manage every feature of the Atheer FrontlineOS.
- System Admin: This role has the ability to manage workspace level system settings including audiences, integrations, notifications, webhooks, SSO, and APIs.
- User: This end user role has the ability to access content and other resources (AiRForms, SmartScans, etc.) made available to them as an individual or as part of an audience. This role can also create, read, update, and delete Conversations and AiRSessions. This Security Role does not include permission to self assign and perform jobs. Those permissions are provided by the separate Job User.
- User Admin: This role has the ability to create, read, update, and delete Users and Audiences.
Assigning Security Roles to a User
- From a browser on your computer, open your Atheer Studio workspace, and sign into your Atheer Studio workspace account using your assigned credentials. Upon successful login, you will be presented with the Conversations home page.
- From the Atheer Studio toolbar on the left side of the page, click on the Users button, and the Users page will be presented.
- Find the user account to which you wish to assign a security role. If you have a long list of users, you can search for those users by clicking on the search button on the top right corner of the page, clicking inside the search field, and searching for first or last name.
- To add or modify the security role of a user records, you will need to click on the (edit) button to the right of the user’s name.
- The user’s profile page will default to the Overview tab where you can add an avatar image for the User, as well as generate the LINK DEVICE temporary, secure QR code.
- Click on the Security Roles tab to open the Security Roles page.
- As noted above, you will notice that new user accounts only have the User Security Role assigned to them. To add additional Security Roles, click on the (Assign Security Role) button at the top right corner of the page.
- In the Assign Security Role pop-up, click on the (security role search tool) button to look up and select additional security roles.
- You will see a checklist of 12 security roles in alphabetical order over two pages. You can mouse to the right of Title and click the(sort) button at the top of the list to change the sorting of the list from ascending to descending. You can also click the buttons in the page navigation tool to move between pages.
- Select the Role or Roles that you wish to assign to the User. You can click the checkbox next to individual roles, or you can click on the checkbox next to Title to select all of the roles on the page. Once you have selected the security roles you wish to assign to the user, click the SELECT button.
NOTE: Select and manage Security Roles one page at a time. If you select Roles on the first page, and then change pages, the Roles that you selected on the first page will not be applied to the User.
- In the Assign Security Role pop-up, click the ASSIGN button.
- Verify that the user account is now to the proper Security Roles.
- If you wish to remove a Security Role from the user account, click on the (Remove) button, and then click on the DELETE button in the pop-up window.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our customer success team right here.